EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679)
27 September 2023
City of Helsinki / City Board
2. Person responsible for the register
City Executive Office / Strategy Unit / Chief Digital Officer
In accordance with Section 182 of a 7 March 2022 decision of the Helsinki City Board, when it comes to the responsibility and duties associated with City Executive Office registers, the Chief Digital Officer is the person responsible for the register.
3. Contact person for the register
City of Helsinki, City Registry Office P. O. Box 10 (street address: Pohjoisesplanadi 11-13), 00099 CITY OF HELSINKI
4. Processing of personal data and the legal grounds for the processing
Purpose of the processing
The register manages private services and service location information provided by operators in the capital region. Data on contact person information for service locations and services can be obtained from both public and private operators.
Legal grounds for the processing
Article 6, paragraph 1a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation: Data subjects have given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (679/2016)
- Finland’s Data Protection Act (1050/2018)
- Finland’s Act on Administration’s Joint Support Services for E-services (571/2016)
- Finland’s Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999)
- Finland’s Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life (759/2004)
5. Data content of the register
Data protection information:
Contact information of the data subject:
- phone number
- Subject name
- Short description of the subject
- Long description of the subject
- Subject keywords
- Street address of the subject
- Postal code of the subject
- Postal address of the subject
Subject on the map
- Business ID number (Y-tunnus)
- Phone number of the subject
- Email of the subject
- Subject website (in Finnish[IH1] )
- Pictures of the subject
6. Regular disclosures of personal data
Information on data subjects can be disclosed within the City of Helsinki organisation.
The other data content in the register has been disclosed for publication.
Data contained in the register is not transferred outside the EU or the EEA
7. Data storage periods
The data is deleted when the service location is deleted. Notification forms are stored for 5 years.
8. Sources of personal data
The data is always obtained from the person filling out the notification form.